none
Obtaining Outlook build numbers which map to a particular Mailbox API requirement set RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to identify the build number (version) at which point a particular Mailbox API was introduced. As an example, the Mailbox API v1.2 was introduced in build 15.0.4719.1001 for Outlook 2013 for windows. The only source of information that I have been able to find was by going through the technet wiki found here [1].  Are there any other sources of information that I can consult to get these build numbers?

I still need to find details for the following mappings:

- Outlook 2013 for Windows -> v1.1 

- Outlook 2016 for Mac  -> v1.1

- Outlook 2016 for Mac  -> v1.1

I have been so far been able to map the build numbers to the following versions:

Outlook 2013  for Windows:

v1.2 -> Build 15.0.4719.1001

v1.3 -> Build 15.0.4719.1001

Outlook 2016  for Windows

v1.3  -> Build 16.0.4366.1000

References

[1] https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/31133.outlook-and-outlook-for-mac-update-file-versions.aspx

• Edited by sam-ducky Wednesday, May 17, 2017 6:10 PM
    Wednesday, May 17, 2017 6:08 PM

All replies

• Hi sam-ducky,

I try to find the documentation for Mailbox Api launch version but I did not get anything useful.

if you want to know all build and version number of Office then you can refer link below.

Version and build numbers of update channel releases

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 18, 2017 8:26 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

Thank You very much for replying.

I need to find out when a particular version of the Mailbox API was added to Outlook. I went through the link you provided and it does not provide any release notes which could be used to achieve my goal.

Thanks,

Sam

Thursday, May 18, 2017 1:28 PM
  • Hi sam-ducky,

As I mentioned before , currently there is no any document available that describes Mailbox API release notes.

you can submit your feedback to Outlook user voice regarding this issue.

Outlook Feedback

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 19, 2017 5:14 AM
  • Hi sam-ducky,

Thanks for your post.

Could you share us the reason you need to know the relationship between MailBox API and Outlook build number?

In my option, there is no direct relationship between API and build number.

You could check below list, Outlook 2016 for Windows supports 1.1,1.2,1.3.1.4. The supported API is not limit to the specific Outlook build version. It depends on by Outlook version like Outlook 2013 or 2016.

Clients

The following clients support Outlook add-ins.

Client Supported API requirement sets
    Outlook 2016 for Windows 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4
    Outlook 2016 for Mac 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4
    Outlook 2013 for Windows 1.1, 1.2, 1.3
    Outlook on the web (Office 365 and Outlook.com) 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
    Outlook Web App (Exchange 2013 On-Premise) 1.1
    Outlook Web App (Exchange 2016 On-Premise) 1.1, 1.2. 1.3

#Reference:https://dev.office.com/reference/add-ins/outlook/tutorial-api-requirement-sets

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, May 25, 2017 9:22 AM