none
VSTO Security permission under .NET4.0 intranet deployement RRS feed

• Question

• i ve got a vsto project(office2010) deployed in a mapped disk, an error message prompt when i try to execute it

the erro say "The customization does not have the permissions required to create an application domain. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Customized functionality in this application will not work because the administrator has qualified file :\\server\Publish\ExcelTemplate.vsto as unreliable".

My project is signed with the default cert.

i used caspol to add location to LocalIntranet_Zone with FullTrust. caspol -m -ag 1.2 -url path\* FullTrust

i already installed the msosec in gac : gacutil -i "path\msosec.dll"

I already add the location to the approuved location.

What i need to do else to make this excel template run from the mapped disk.

• Edited by Wassim-Tn Thursday, April 4, 2013 11:01 AM
    Thursday, April 4, 2013 10:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Wassim-Tn,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

The below pages have listed some vsto issue which are similar to yours. You can read through the blogs and see whether the solutions mentioned work for you.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, April 5, 2013 10:56 AM
  • Thanks Quist Zhang.

In second link i found similar problem (Common Error 1)

The given solution(adding the network location to trusted location list) is far from being the right answer because i already did it and the problem still stood.

Friday, April 5, 2013 2:21 PM
  • Hi Wassim-Tn,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'll consult my colleague on your issue. You'll be informed if there's any update.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, April 8, 2013 6:48 AM
  • .NET 4.0, Office 2010 solution doesn't require the caspol to add full trust. It does not require to install msosec to GAC as well. When you install the addin from mapped network drive, do you see dialog box with red warning("x") and Install / Uninstall option? 

Selecting Install on the dialog meas trust the solution. Please share the installer if possible, I can help test it and look into it in more details.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Monday, April 8, 2013 2:52 PM
  • Hello Wassim,

What if you deploy to local path? Can you install successfully? I have tested the scenario of publish to mapped network drive, it installs without a problem, only warn me trust the location or not.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Monday, April 15, 2013 5:11 AM