Mobile and web layers RRS feed

• Question

• User1622294484 posted

Hey guys,

So I have a 3 layer application , for the presentation layer it's a web .What I want to do is create a web service so when the user is connected from a pc the web app is opened and if he's connected from mobile it's the mobile layer that is opened . Any idea how to do so ?

Thursday, May 8, 2014 3:27 AM

All replies

• User-902516579 posted

Hi,

Have you looked at this:  http://www.asp.net/whitepapers/add-mobile-pages-to-your-aspnet-web-forms-mvc-application

Request.Browser.IsMobileDevice

HTH, Benjamin

Thursday, May 8, 2014 8:26 AM
  • User1622294484 posted

oh okay that seems to be a very good link but I hoped to find one that is consumed by a webservice 

Thursday, May 8, 2014 8:46 AM
  • User-417640953 posted

oh okay that seems to be a very good link but I hoped to find one that is consumed by a webservice 

Hi kryptong,

Thank you post the issue to our forum.

For your issue, I think you can judgement the request comes from mobile or browser.

Then rewrite the request path to the corresponding Application layer like below.

[WebMethod]
            public string ServiceMethod()
            {
                if (HttpContext.Current.Request.Browser.IsMobileDevice)
                {
                    //go to the web application layer
                    HttpContext.Current.RewritePath(Server.MapPath("~/Weblayer/page"));

}
                else {
                    //go to the mobile application layer
                    HttpContext.Current.RewritePath(Server.MapPath("~/Moblielayer/page"));
                }

return "Hello World";
            }

Hope that helps, thanks.

Best Regards!

Friday, May 9, 2014 2:29 AM
  • User1622294484 posted

hi Fuxiang,

so I tried to create a webservice with the code that you give me but when executing , whether it is from browser or mobile , I'm redirected to my web pages.Wich is normal I think because even if I created a webservice I didn't tell him that on my session  start do what the web service tells you to do ? so how can I do that ?

Friday, May 9, 2014 3:03 AM
  • User1565039490 posted

If I were you I would opt to SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) for your project. Just expose WCF service as a very thin layer on top of a separate business layer. In other words the WCF layer should do nothing more than just make calls to the business logic layer. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8388679/wcf-service-and-business-logic

public User GetUser(int id)
    {  
         return _userLogic.GetUser(id);
    }

Friday, May 16, 2014 6:27 AM