none
Change a source VMs Resource Group RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Azure VM that is replicating with ASR. But I want to move it to a new Resource Group. After the move, under Disaster Recovery > Properties, the Source VM Resource ID still shows the old Resource Group. Is there anyway to update this without stopping the replication and starting over?
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 4:58 PM

Answers

• We can't modify the source RG, You can perform in target You can update the target resource group. You need to go to replicated items - computer and network then click on EDIT then select the target RG

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 3:41 PM

All replies

• We can't modify the source RG, You can perform in target You can update the target resource group. You need to go to replicated items - computer and network then click on EDIT then select the target RG

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 3:41 PM
  • Thanks for the answer. It sounds like if I want to move a VM to a new resource group, I'll have to stop the replication and start the setup over to get the new source Resource Group.
    Monday, September 23, 2019 4:38 PM