none
Azure Data Studio en linux. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, first of all, sorry for the inconvenience, maybe the answer is obvious but I can not locate it.

In the office I installed a SQL Server 2017 (Developer) server in a Centos 7 and also Azure Data Studio, I did connectivity tests to the local database and it works without problems both from the same server and from my Debian 9 machine I also have a Windows Server 2008 computer and a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 BD engine, and all connect via Valentina Studio without problems, but when I try a connection from Azure Data Studio to the Windows server it always gives the same error, try other servers that have the same BD engine with OS and is the same error .... I tried connecting from the server with Centos 7 using sqlcmd -S server -U and I have no problem but using Azure there is no case. Is there a compatibility problem between the two BD engines? was tried from a windows 10 with SQL Server 2017 and there was no problem ... here is the error.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Connection Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed during the post-login phase.  The connection could have timed out while waiting for server to complete the login process and respond; Or it could have timed out while attempting to create multiple active connections.  The duration spent while attempting to connect to this server was - [Pre-Login] initialization=1; handshake=5; [Login] initialization=0; authentication=0; [Post-Login] complete=14044;  ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (258): Unknown error 258
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions, SessionData reconnectSessionData, Boolean applyTransientFaultHandling, String accessToken)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.<>c__DisplayClass40_0.<TryGetConnection>b__1(Task`1 _)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationResultTaskFromResultTask`2.InnerInvoke()
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot)
       at Microsoft.SqlTools.ServiceLayer.Connection.ReliableConnection.ReliableSqlConnection.<>c__DisplayClass28_0.<<OpenAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\src\Microsoft.SqlTools.ServiceLayer\Connection\ReliableConnection\ReliableSqlConnection.cs:line 303
       at Microsoft.SqlTools.ServiceLayer.Connection.ConnectionService.TryOpenConnection(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, ConnectParams connectionParams) in D:\a\1\s\src\Microsoft.SqlTools.ServiceLayer\Connection\ConnectionService.cs:line 521
    ClientConnectionId:89927dd6-bba5-451f-a912-8208b168fb52
    Error Number:-2,State:0,Class:1

Connection Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed during the post-login phase. The connection could have timed out while waiting for server to complete the login process and respond; Or it could have timed out while attempting to create multiple active connections. The duration spent while attempting to connect to this server was - [Pre-Login] initialization=1; handshake=5; [Login] initialization=0; authentication=0; [Post-Login] complete=14044;

thanks...I hope you can help me.
    • Edited by chilezuela Wednesday, February 20, 2019 3:22 PM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2019 6:43 PM