none
Dependency Graph: Not able to see all methods in C++ class RRS feed

• Question

• When I generate dependency graph on C++ project.  I am able to see the classes and when I expand them, I am not able to all the methods defined in the header file.   Is there some setting that I need make?  I see this behaviour in all the classes in my project and it is random.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

In the VS 2010 Feature Pack release, the type nodes in the dependency graph will only display the methods that are called to or called by other methods.  This too is restricted to calls that cross the binary boundaries.

This limitation will be addressed in our future release.

Thanks,

Ramesh Rajagopal.

Visual Studio.

Friday, May 27, 2011 1:46 AM
  • If you want to view the members inside a type, you may want to use the Architecture Explorer window (available via the View menu).  AE will display all the methods (and fields) inside a type.

Thanks,

Ramesh Rajagopal.

Visual Studio.

Friday, May 27, 2011 2:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In the VS 2010 Feature Pack release, the type nodes in the dependency graph will only display the methods that are called to or called by other methods.  This too is restricted to calls that cross the binary boundaries.

This limitation will be addressed in our future release.

Thanks,

Ramesh Rajagopal.

Visual Studio.

Friday, May 27, 2011 1:46 AM
  • If you want to view the members inside a type, you may want to use the Architecture Explorer window (available via the View menu).  AE will display all the methods (and fields) inside a type.

Thanks,

Ramesh Rajagopal.

Visual Studio.

Friday, May 27, 2011 2:08 AM