Performance monitoring trouble RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've googled and perused this forum and have not found a solution to my problem.

I am using VS2005 with WF extensions and .NET3.0 on a Windows XP SP2 laptop.

I start the perfmon tool (Start->Run->perfmon) and in System Monitor I add a new counter set. Then I try to add workflow counters. I select "Use local computer counters" and the "Windows Workflow Foundation" performance object. The list of counters appears but the "Add" button is greyed out.

I have downloaded a program called exctrlst.exe (part of Windows Support Tools download) and it seems to indicate that the Windows Workflow Foundation counters are enabled.

I have downloaded the WF samples from Microsoft and have been able to build and run the samples I have tried but cannot monitor things.

I assume I should be able to monitor the counters even if no workflow runtime is active (although it wouldn't be very interesting :-)

Any help or suggestions of things to check would be much appreciated.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 1:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Have you resolved your question? My machine is either Vista or Windows Server 2008 with various versions of .NET. The performance counters of Windows Workflow Foundation work for me.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 12:11 AM
  • The best way to figure out whether the counters are indeed working is to build a simple application and follow the instructions here for monitoring workflow performance.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 2:30 AM