Migrate from Cognos10.2.1(db2) to SRSS(SQL Server) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

i already searched in this Forum for an answer, but couldn´t find any satisfactory reply.

So here is my situation:

We have about hundreds of reports in Cognos for a db2-Database. Now we would like to have

our Reports on our new System a MS SQL Server with SRSS. I already read that there other People

with the same Problem in this Forum. The Threads were really old(at least 5 years) and the answer was always do it manually - nothing i really want to do!

So i ask you guys again do you know any solution for migrating reports from Congnos to SRSS? I don´t only want

to hear software-products which i can use (if they exist - it would be heaven for me:)), i also want to hear, how did you guys manage this Problem?

Kind Regards,

Pascal

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 11:23 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately, there is no software or automated tools that allow you to do this. 

You are faced with manually recreating the reports in SSRS.

And, there are some Cognos features that will not be available within SSRS. So you might need to figure out what parts of your solution can realistically be migrated over. 

Thanks! Josh

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 12:03 PM

All replies

• I've just googled "automate migrating reports from cognos to Reporting Services" and got this

http://www.bimonkey.com/2010/02/migrating-from-cognos-to-microsoft-bi/

Perhaps this may have some answers for you?

Please click "Mark As Answer" if my post helped. Tony C.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 11:31 AM
  • Unfortunately, there is no software or automated tools that allow you to do this. 

You are faced with manually recreating the reports in SSRS.

And, there are some Cognos features that will not be available within SSRS. So you might need to figure out what parts of your solution can realistically be migrated over. 

Thanks! Josh

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 12:03 PM
  • I just found this link, too. But all it says is that you have to rebuild each Report.
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 2:26 PM
  • That is my biggest fear. I can´t imagine that this Problem is frequently asked, but there isn´t any Solution.
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 2:27 PM