Toolbar above list in asset picker missing in SharePoint 2010 - can't upload image RRS feed

• Question

• With SharePoint 2007 if you were working, say, on a publishing page and you had an image as part of the layout (the out of the box article page for example), if you clicked on the placeholder on the page you were presented with the "Edit Image Properties" dialog.  Here you could click on a browse button that would pull up the "Select an Image" dialog with all the images in the current site, for example.  One of the key features here was the ability to click on the "Upload" button on the toolbar above the image thumbnails to upload a new image to that location.  It popped up a new window where you could use a standard upload page to upload the image to the library. Then, once uploaded you could close that window and hit refresh on the "Select an Image" dialog to see your image there.

In SharePoint 2010, when you click on the place holder to set your image, it pops up a very similar dialog (though modified slightly) and when you click on the "brows" button, the "Select an Image" dialog appears, but there is no upload button.  There is no toolbar. 

Is this a bug? We've looked at two separate SharePoint 2010 instances and see the same behavior.

Thoughts?

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:15 PM

All replies

• I am also experiencing the same issue as Colonel. I have also tried to use the MOSS 2007 AssetPortalBrowser but that did not work. I hope this is not by design...
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:45 PM
  • I am noticing the same thing on all my SharePoint 2010 instances.

Russ

Friday, July 23, 2010 5:53 PM
  • I'm facing the same problem. Anyone found a solution to this? I don't think that this is so by design, because there's an empty space on the top of the asset dialog that should be filled, I hope :-)
    Monday, November 22, 2010 3:09 PM
  • I have the same problem. A solution ??
    Monday, January 31, 2011 7:37 PM
  • I have same problem in few sharepoint2010.. but also in one sharepoint2010 i have this button.. :(
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 10:50 AM
  • I have same problem. Nobody know answer? :(
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 10:55 AM
  • Same, i've seen it work on some SharePoint 2010 though...

Benjamin Niaulin
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:24 PM
  • I am facing with the same issue.On some server i can see the upload button and on others i cant find the upload button. Also wherever it is available it is creating javascript issues.Please help.

Nehal Bhandari, Engineer development Sopra group India

Monday, July 30, 2012 6:31 AM