none
Remove signatureline from quotes RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to remove the signature lines of members from quoted text by default rather than having to manually delete as these are not needed when quoting others posts?

Not a major issue but I personally just feel as if they serve no purpose in the main conversation and any replies that have quotes within them.
    There cannot be a crisis today....my schedule is already full
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:11 PM

Answers

• That's a good suggestion. The problem right now is we save the signature line with the body of the message. We did talk about making them separate in one of our future releases. This would also allow for dynamic signatures so if you change it, it'll show up on all your old posts.
    STO Forums Senior Development Lead
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:46 PM
  • They are dynamic along with affiliation (MVP, moderator, MSFT,...) and avatars.
    Sam Jarawan STO Forums Senior Development Lead
    Wednesday, February 20, 2008 1:04 AM

All replies

• That's a good suggestion. The problem right now is we save the signature line with the body of the message. We did talk about making them separate in one of our future releases. This would also allow for dynamic signatures so if you change it, it'll show up on all your old posts.
    STO Forums Senior Development Lead
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:46 PM
  • And what about display names? :) I didn't try it in the new version, but it wasn't dynamic in forums 2.0.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 9:10 PM
  • They are dynamic along with affiliation (MVP, moderator, MSFT,...) and avatars.
    Sam Jarawan STO Forums Senior Development Lead
    Wednesday, February 20, 2008 1:04 AM
  • Great. :)
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:01 AM
  • Ah great thanks for the reply Sam.
    There cannot be a crisis today....my schedule is already full
    Wednesday, February 20, 2008 11:46 PM