none
Create StorageAccount , delete it and recreate it , how long does it takes time ?

Question

• Currently I test create and recreate machines with Azure Resource Manager JSON and docker azure-cli:0.10.6

First I create storage account .

It does not so much time. maybe 7min.

After the create , I delete RESOURCEGROUP (takes 7min also)

and

I create ResourceGroup (this is fast , less than 2 sec)

and

I create machines with ARM JSON.

I always wait

info:    Resource '*************' of type 'Microsoft.Storage/storageAccounts' provisioning status is Running

I don't know much about Azure environment

I want to test with my Azure Resource Manager JSON is okay or not okay on clean environment every time.

How long does it takes the time same storage account name ?

And is there any good resource about developping Azure Resource Manage JSON.

Thanks

Thursday, February 2, 2017 8:03 AM

All replies

• When recreate machines with ARM JSON took 21min
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:58 AM
  • Hi Manabu,

the time it takes to (re)create resources in Azure depends on what you're deploying. For example, a resource group will take longer to remove if it contains VMs (these will be shut down before deleting).

For me, removing a resource group with an empty storage account took only 2 minutes. Re-creating them took only 46 seconds. Deploying a ARM template with a VM in it will take longer because it needs to be created.

The best resources for ARM Templates is the Microsoft documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/resource-group-authoring-templates

A very nice website to visually create templates is ARMVIZ: http://armviz.io/designer

Floris van der Ploeg - www.florisvanderploeg.com

If my post was helpfull, remember to click the "Propose as answer" button.

• Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:23 AM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 1:30 PM
  • 1 tip: if you are using JSON based deployments and you delete some resources, give it 5 to 10 minutes before you do a new deployment with same names/values.

if not you could have strange behaviour in the portal on your resources (black banner over it indicating problems)

this is due to that there are background tasks cleaning up stuff, if you redeploy too soon ... messy!

Cheers Christophe Kindly click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread and Vote as Helpful Azure Fanatic! www.cloudcrusader.com

• Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:23 AM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 3:46 PM