What are the characters that should be treated in a special way, when using Find. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

What are the all characters that should be treated in a special way, when using Find.Execute() . I mean all characters like paragraph mark that should be searched using "^p" . Please imagine we want to use "Find" object with its "MatchWildcards" has been set to "False" .

Regards,

Hamidreza Ghader

• Changed type Hamidreza G Friday, October 29, 2010 10:45 AM
    Friday, October 29, 2010 9:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• I'm sure you could have googled in less time than it took to post a question here, but see http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/word-help/find-and-replace-text-or-other-items-HP005189433.aspx (expa nd the item "codes for items you want to find and replace").

Alternatively, click on "More" in the Find dialog and see the list behind the "Special" button; this doesn't actually show the codes, but choosing an item will put the code in the box so you can see it.

Enjoy,
    Tony
    www.WordArticles.com
    • Proposed as answer by Amy Li Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Hamidreza G Thursday, November 4, 2010 11:52 AM
    Friday, October 29, 2010 11:31 AM
  • Hi Hamidreza,

I'm writing to check the status of the thread. Could you please let me know if you have solved the problem?

Best Regards,
    Amy Li
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:18 AM