none
.net Framework says its installed but its not RRS feed

• Question

• My .net framework says its installed but it's really not, i've searched google for hours now and i cant find the solution.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2v83ixf.png

It says i have it installed, but one of my main programs can not operate because it needs 2.0

I downloaded 2.0 and it says its already part of my OS , And another program i open gives me this error

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ptwe1v.png

I have tried everything, i've never had this problem before.then suddenly it happens

I've reformatted and installed win7 twice tonight, and its still not working. i've done all my updates.....any help will be usefull.

Oh....i've tried doing te sfc / scannow thing, it says it repaired something, didnt say it missed anything, i rebooted, and the .net was still screwed up.

I tried the .net cleanup tool that i saw recommended on this site, it says it successfully cleaned the files, BUT, it removes nothing....

I need help...

Thursday, January 7, 2010 2:40 PM

Answers

• That error message says it's looking for system.data.sqlserverce, and that is not part of the standard .NET Framework. That's part of the .NET Compact Framework, I believe.  I don't know what .NET apps you're running, but it looks like they were developed using the Compact Framerwork.
    Phil Wilson
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, January 8, 2010 9:31 AM
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 7:09 PM
  • I formatted again, it seems to be fixed

I had another program that needed 2.0 but says it wasnt installed....thanks anyways for the speedy reply
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, January 8, 2010 9:32 AM
    Friday, January 8, 2010 2:23 AM

All replies

• That error message says it's looking for system.data.sqlserverce, and that is not part of the standard .NET Framework. That's part of the .NET Compact Framework, I believe.  I don't know what .NET apps you're running, but it looks like they were developed using the Compact Framerwork.
    Phil Wilson
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, January 8, 2010 9:31 AM
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 7:09 PM
  • I formatted again, it seems to be fixed

I had another program that needed 2.0 but says it wasnt installed....thanks anyways for the speedy reply
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, January 8, 2010 9:32 AM
    Friday, January 8, 2010 2:23 AM