How to prevent app installation in device having RAM less than 1 GB? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to prevent app installation in device having RAM less than 1 GB, like FIFA 15 app. I searched and found that I need to include below given lines in Package.appxmanifest file. 

<Prerequisites>
      <m3:MinDeviceMemory>1GB</m3:MinDeviceMemory>
    </Prerequisites>

Then  I started getting error "App manifest validation failed". Searching regarding it, leaded me to this MSDN thread, which solved the problem.

I have uploaded the app on store but users are still able to install in lower memory device. So am I missing anything to add more? Do I have to remove build-time manifest validation later while uploading? Does this prevention work if I upload app as beta app?

Monday, January 12, 2015 10:09 AM

All replies

• Have you tried Adding ‘HardwareRequirements’ to storemanifest.xml
    The ID_REQ_MEMORY_300 requirement effectively opts out of both Windows Phone OS 7.1 lower-memory devices and Windows Phone 8 lower-memory devices.

<StoreManifest xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/2010/StoreManifest">

<ProductFeatures>

<SDOptOut>true</SDOptOut>

<HardwareRequirements>

<Requirement Name="ID_REQ_MEMORY_300" />

</HardwareRequirements>

</ProductFeatures>

</StoreManifest>

Monday, January 12, 2015 5:55 PM
  • My app is targeted to only Windows Phone 8.1, in the slideshow [slide #14] of Managing Resource Constraints on Windows Phone - Channel 9, it's stated not to use ID_REQ_MEMORY_300.

So what to do in that case?

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:22 AM
  • If your app is targeting WP 8.1  only then you are correct in using the following . Are you testing this by publishing the app as beta ?

<Prerequisites>

<m3:MinDeviceMemory>1GB</m3:MinDeviceMemory>

</Prerequisites>

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:49 PM
  • I tested by uploading beta as well as final app but it's not working.
    Monday, January 19, 2015 5:26 AM