PowerBI Report Server SSRS 2017 and SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've receive this response from the SQL support team and redirected to you:

"Based on my discussion with SQL team, after SSRS 2016 we may need to use PowerBI to connect SharePoint Resource. But PowerBI is out of support boundary. We would suggest you contact Power BI support team."

With the announce that "Reporting Services integration with SharePoint is no longer available after SQL Server 2016."

We would like to know how can we integrate PowerBI Report Server SSRS 2017 with SharePoint 2016+ ?

With SSRS 2016 in SharePoint integration mode we were able to create a subscription of a report and send the result to a SharePoint library in pdf format.

How can we implement the same, but with SSRS 2017 under PowerBi Report server SSRS 2017 ?

Thanks

Jean

Friday, August 25, 2017 1:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Jean,

Thanks for your question.

I agree with you, PowerBI Report Server can not integrate with SharePoint 2016+, you can only get data from SharePint.

According to your description, your problem is more related to PowerBI Report Server. Since our forum is discussing Power Pivot issue, to solve your question more efficiently, please post your question in PowerBI Report Server forum: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/bd-p/ReportServer ,you will get a more professional support from there, thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, August 28, 2017 2:10 AM