ItemDroppedOnTarget Question for Toolbox Developers. RRS feed

• Question

• Why the ItemDroppedOnTarget event does not have the location where the drop ocurred? I am in a situation where Im obligated to handle two events (ItemDroppedOnTarget and MouseLeftButtonUp) to know where the user dropped something! Why you guys decided to do that this way?
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Em, what is the effect you want to achieve?

Is it a listbox or datagird or something else you are dealing with?

Maybe we can have some workaround to achieve what you want

Best Regards

Friday, December 18, 2009 5:38 AM
  • I have a situation where the drag source is a list box and drop target is a canvas. I am not getting hold of target on which drop has occurred.

List has got lot of thumbnails for multiple types of files (of course files of types which silverlight can handle). There is a reordering in list box which uses drop event as well as when it is dropped on a canvas, would like to load actual file associated with the thumbnail.

ItemDroppedOnTarget does not give me which target the item is dropped to. How can I handle the situation as stated above.

Monday, November 15, 2010 10:58 PM
  • I'm facing the same thing.

I need to know where the drop has happened (on which target), so that I can assess a "proper" drop or an incorrect one. I don't want to handle also the mouse events here.

Sources and targets are ListBox.

Friday, November 19, 2010 6:46 AM