The name 'Cstr' does not exist in the current context RRS feed

• Question

• User1008851990 posted

I am trying to retrive a list of fixtures from my extended Clubsite DB (successfully), but I'd like to make one of the retrieved fields a Hyperlink to another page, passing a related parameter.  My code is at the bottom of this post, but I get the following error:

The name 'Cstr' does not exist in the current context

Can someone explain to me why I cannot use Cstr in this context?  I have used the code which is used in the PhotoAlbum and List pages, so thought it should work... what am I doing wrong??

<asp:DataList ID="DataList1" runat="server" DataKeyField="FixtureID" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" Width=100% Font-Size="Smaller" Height="53px">

<ItemTemplate>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0>

<tr>

<td width="10%" align="center"><asp:Label ID="fixturedateLabel" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("fixturedate") %>'></asp:Label></td>

<td width="40%" align="left"><div><a href='<%# "Results.aspx?FixtureID=" & Cstr ( Eval("FixtureID"))%>'>

<asp:Label ID="FixtureOppositionLabel" runat="server" Font-Bold="True" Text='<%# Eval("FixtureOpposition") %>'></asp:Label></a>

</div></td>

<td>.....</td>

</tr>

</table>

</ItemTemplate>

Thanks!

changeofhart

Monday, January 30, 2006 5:07 AM

All replies

• User1008851990 posted

in case anyone is viewing this and wanting to know the correct answer, I eventually found it in another post.

change CStr to Convert.String and it works fine.

happy coding.

Tuesday, February 7, 2006 6:49 AM