prerequisites for setup project RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i finished developing my application. now i need to create a setup project for the application . by using  setup project wizard  i can create the setup for my application. however for the application, i need to install some other stuff for example .net framework 2.0. to solve this i used bootstrapper. when u select the setup project and open its properties u can select settings and in the opening window u can add some prerequisites to install with your application.

my problem is that these choices are limited. i wonder if i can add other setup files to bootstrapper or if anyone can tell me how to add prerequisites with another approach.

thanks in advance

Sunday, December 18, 2005 2:43 PM

All replies

• i found an msdn page descrbing how to add custom prerequisites to bootstrapper

ms-help://MS.VSCC.v80/MS.MSDNQTR.v80.en/MS.MSDN.v80/MS.VisualStudio.v80.en/dv_deploy/html/ba1a785b-693d-446b-bcae-b88cadee73d1.htm

however now i need to create package and product manifest files to add my exe files.

i need some detailed explanation about them. (the must fields that should be added to the xml files etc.)

another thing is that i can not find the registry keys on my computerfor neither for bootstrapper nor for sdk.

due to this problems the setup project wont build. if anyone have any idea about this problems and how to solve them i will be glad to hear them. i think any clue or ideas will help

thanks in advance

Monday, December 19, 2005 2:45 PM