Error printing on HP Laserjet 1020 in Windows Developer Preview

Question

• I have Windows Developer Preview x64, successfully installed the HP1020 printer driver that I had for Win 7 x64, I checked in Control Panel>Devices and Printers the printer is ready and online, but when I try to print it pops immediately a green window near the clock "Error Printing on HP laserjet 1020".

Please help

Friday, September 30, 2011 10:19 AM

Answers

• FIXED.

1. download the win7 drivers...install them, connect printer to pc..

2. in the Control Panel -> Devices and Printers there should be some "Unspecified HP" stuff. You need to downgrade the drivers with Roll Back Driver"

It worked for me...

It actually worked for my OKI C5800 too..so I think this might be a solution for every printer with compatibility issues.

Good luck.

Friday, September 30, 2011 1:44 PM

All replies

• Same here.. Windows Developer Preview x86.

I've installed the drivers but my HP LaserJet 1020 is showing Unspecified in my Control Panel.

I've installed it on another pc too, with WDP x64.

The drivers installed correctly, the printer is online and working, commands are showing in the printers Queue but no paper is coming out.

Anyone has a solution?

• Proposed as answer by d3xt3r_86 Friday, September 30, 2011 1:40 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by d3xt3r_86 Friday, September 30, 2011 1:40 PM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 12:09 PM
  • FIXED.

1. download the win7 drivers...install them, connect printer to pc..

2. in the Control Panel -> Devices and Printers there should be some "Unspecified HP" stuff. You need to downgrade the drivers with Roll Back Driver"

It worked for me...

It actually worked for my OKI C5800 too..so I think this might be a solution for every printer with compatibility issues.

Good luck.

Friday, September 30, 2011 1:44 PM
  • I've the same problem, but roll back driver doesn't work. Any other solution? My Bluetooth don't work too cause it have a problem with windows and then disable it. Thanks for the assistance to everyone!
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:19 AM
  • Hey Manuel Velez,

You may need to download the latest drivers for the pieces of hardware that aren't working properly. Try visiting the manufacturer website for your printer and Bluetooth to download the latest driver for those devices. If your Bluetooth device is built into your computer, try checking your computer manufacturer's website for driver downloads that apply to your computer's hardware.

If a driver isn't able to install successfully, try using the compatibility troubleshooter to see if it can help the driver to install properly. The compatibility troubleshooter can be opened by:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section
    • Select Search
    • Type Compatibility
    • Click Settings in the right column
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver. You will likely want to choose the choice for This program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now when it is given if the latest driver is only applicable to a different version of Windows.

Hope that helps.

Steven
    Monday, January 23, 2012 9:05 PM