'ASP:Login' and 'ASP:Literal' Tags.... RRS feed

• Question

• User-1011205861 posted
    I have translated the site to Spanish, for as I am in a spanish speaking country. And I found some problems.....

For Example, In the Login module, I still get some messages in english. But they're nowhere in the code. I guess they must be part of the <asp:Login > server command internally.

I see the "<asp:Literal runat="server" ID="FailureText" EnableViewState="False"></asp:Literal>" line. Which I supose holds the message. but i can't find out where it's assigning it. WHERE IS THE CODE FOR THIS??

I'm speaking of the ASP:LOGIN tag and the ASP:LITERAL tag. Where's the code for them????  It's not in it, and it's not either in the App_Code directory. So where is it??? LOL!!!

Anyone knows how to change these to reflect determined lanuages? And / Or where the code is?

Thanks

Nestor Leone
    Tuesday, December 6, 2005 9:24 AM

All replies

• User-429982059 posted
    ASP.NET 2.0 uses partial classes.  You can have one class over many code files.  The aspx and the aspx.cs are one partial class.  If controls are on the aspx page then they do not need to be declared in the code behind.  However, you may access these controls in the code behind easily by their ids in the aspx.

I.E : If this is in your aspx : <asp:Literal runat="server" ID="FailureText" EnableViewState="False"></asp:Literal>

then you can do this in your aspx.cs     FailureText.Text = "error";

More help : http://eramseur.blogspot.com/2005/12/c-2005-partial-classes.html

Tuesday, December 6, 2005 8:39 PM
  • User-1011205861 posted

eramseur,

I know about codebehinds and how to assign labels to a property. Now, What I'm asking for is where is that code here in thos Starter kit. I can't find it anywhere.

I guess some messages are by default in english, and as I need to translate them to spanish, i supose I will have to do something in a codebehind.

thanks

Monday, December 12, 2005 11:36 AM