How to Install LAN Driver in ASUS Laptop [Model- K42F]....???

Question

• I was not able to install the LAN Driver after installing the Operating System WINDOWS 8 in my Laptop ASUS [Model- K42F]. Now could somebody tell me how I will be able to install the LAN Driver in my Laptop? It will be so much helpful for me. Hope I will get reply of question soon. Thank You
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:25 PM

Answers

• Yeassin Arafat,

Make sure that you have the latest version of your driver and try installing the problematic driver in compatibly mode?

You can do this by following the below instructions:

·         Enter the Start screen

·         Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section

·         Select Search

·         Type Compatibility

·         Click Settings in the right column

·         Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

·         Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver.

Please post back with your results.

Thanks,

Chris
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:38 PM

All replies

• Yeassin Arafat,

Make sure that you have the latest version of your driver and try installing the problematic driver in compatibly mode?

You can do this by following the below instructions:

·         Enter the Start screen

·         Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section

·         Select Search

·         Type Compatibility

·         Click Settings in the right column

·         Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

·         Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver.

Please post back with your results.

Thanks,

Chris
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:38 PM
  • Do you get an error message when you try to install the Lan Driver? If so, please give the exact error message.

Did you try the steps for installing compatibility mode as Chris suggested? Did this help?

Please reply back with a status update.

Thanks,

Marilyn
    Sunday, December 4, 2011 7:19 PM