Having trouble exiting programs started from Metro, start menu.

Question

• Im hoping that this is not a feature purposely designed into the Developer build, But when i click start then use, for example, Internet explorer or paint play, It pops up in full screen.... no complaints about full screen, but why is it so difficult to bring up the navigation bar? and how do i exit, or minimize, the program once started?  Im having difficulty even returning to the Metro UI after starting one of these programs, and i consider this a huge mistake in programming.

I have seen a few complaints about it running in the background, and i honestly am not worried about the minute resources it takes to keep a program like this in suspended mode, in the background.  But i can't even get back to the metro screen, and i am forced to CTRL + ALT+ DELETE to move on, and i find that a bit sad that a function so central would be so carelessly hidden, or left out!

Update: I installed google chrome and removed IE from the start menu, and this seemed to fix the issue for the one program, although i am worried about it with other programs i use seldomly like Paint Play, etc...

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:45 PM

Answers

• The Windows key brings up the start page.  Or move your mouse to the lower left of the screen and click Start.
    • Marked as answer by Nikon_Erik Wednesday, October 26, 2011 10:13 PM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 9:51 PM

All replies

• The Windows key brings up the start page.  Or move your mouse to the lower left of the screen and click Start.
    • Marked as answer by Nikon_Erik Wednesday, October 26, 2011 10:13 PM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 9:51 PM
  • THANK YOU! lol.

I thought i would go crazy trying to find that. Now that i know how to do it, i do find it intuitive, and am a little embarrassed i asked! lol.

Erik
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 10:13 PM