none
Not Able to debug using breakpoint after attaching source code to a process in vc++

Question

• I am able to debug using breakpoint if i am running from the source code. But if i run the .exe file and later try to attach to the source code , i am not able to debug using breakpoint....I am using vc++ 2008 edition....

An Help is appreciated.

Tuesday, August 09, 2016 7:47 AM

Answers

• Hi VinothRahendran4,

Is this problem just occurs for this specific project or all projects in Visual Studio? Please create a new C++ project and try debug it.

If this issue just occurs with this specific project, I suggest you create a new project with the same name and move the original project files to the new project. Then rebuild it and debug it again.

If all project have this issue, please reset your Visual Studio settings through Tools -> Import and Export settings -> Reset all settings. And if the problem still exist, please try run your Visual Studio in safe mode to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.

Since Visual Studio 2008 is out of life cycle, I suggest you upgrade your Visual Studio to higher version to developing your C++ project. You can download Visual Studio 2010 from below link and other higher version of Visual Studio from official site.

Visual Studio 2010 Express All-in-One ISO

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:56 AM