Problem with saving Word file that is connected to Excel files that uses Powerpivot tables, charts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone

I had run into this issue several times with different files. I have several Excel files that use Powerpivot pivot tables and charts. I am copying/linking some of the charts in these files into a Word document--pasting so that the charts retain their link from Word back to Excel. Frequently though, when I go to save the Word document, I am unable to save it. The 'save as' dialogue box keeps continually popping up and it will not save.

Has anyone run into this in the past?

Paul

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 8:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

I have tested it on my local environment, we cannot reproduce this issue. I copy Pivot table and Pivot chart into a Word file, and we can save it without any problems.

In your scenario, which Power Pivot for Excel add-in version are your using? Please provide us more information, so that we can try to reproduce this issue and make further analysis.

Besides, here is a document that about how to link dynamic range Excel reports to Word.
    https://bipassion.wordpress.com/2013/02/24/link-dynamic-excel-reports-to-word/

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 11:29 AM