none
Can't Execute Console App From Perfmon on Remote Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a C# console app that I run from perfmon alerts on several web servers when certain counters reach their thresholds.  The app sends alert emails to the concerned parties and it works fine when it's on the same computer as the perfmon alert.  However, when I try to point the perfmon alerts to the same application on a file server, it doesn't work (I'd like to do this because it would be easier to maintain 1 copy of the application than several).  The app also writes any errors to a log file, but in this case it's not even getting executed to write the errors.  I've given the service account that runs the alert full permissions on the folder that contains the app, and also given full share permissions, to no avail.  Is there some .NET security that needs to be changed in order to execute this app remotely?

Thanks,

-Dave 

Friday, May 23, 2008 8:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Dave,

Your probably running into a code access permission issue. Have you tried running the app from the file share manully? This should give you the exception details. Once you know what permissions are required you can create a new permission set with caspol.exe or the .NET framework config tool.

Regards Ebo

Friday, May 23, 2008 10:33 PM