none
Replacing Obsolete MapSkeletonPointToDepth with CoordinateMapper.MapSkeletonPointToDepthPoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I am quite new to c# and I am following an old kinect programming book (2012), trying to create a view of the skeleton tracker

I have one warning that will not let me build and run the project. The code line is

DepthImagePoint point = this.KinectDevice.MapSkeletonPointToDepth(joint.Position, this.KinectDevice.DepthStream.Format);

'This method is obsolete replace with:'

Microsoft.Kinect.CoordinateMapper.MapSkeletonPointToDepthPoint

So after looking up CoordinateMapper and MapSkeletonPointToDepthPoint

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.kinect.coordinatemapper.aspx and http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj883696.aspx

I created this line of code to replace the old one:

DepthImagePoint point = this.CoordinateMapper.MapSkeletonPointToDepthPoint( joint.Position, this.KinectDevice.DepthStream.Format);

But now I get an error under 'CoordinateMapper' saying: 

'ColourStreamTest.MainWindow' does not contain a definition for 'CoordinateMapper' and no extension method 'CoordinateMapper' accepting a first argument of type 'ColourStreamTest.MainWindow' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I am including the Microsoft.Kinect.dll reference, which should include the CoordinateMapper Class, I have even tried to create a new Coordinate mapper object but that throws up more errors

Can anybody help me?

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:26 PM

Answers

• Elliott,

You don't have an instance of Microsoft.Kinect.CoordinateMapper named CoordinateMapper defined.

Based on your previcous code, just try this instead (where KinectDevice is an instance of the KinectSensor type):

this.KinectDevice.CoordinateMapper.MapSkeletonPointToDepthPoint

James

James Ashley - Presentation Layer Architect at Razorfish Emerging Experiences
    jamesashley@imaginativeuniversal.com
    www.imaginativeuniversal.com www.emergingexperiences.com

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:38 PM