none
Model duplicated RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, 

I created Model named BuildingModel but I did not nottice that the table did not have the primary key. 

So: 

1. Altered the table adding Primary Key

2. Closed the Solution and Visusal Studio

3.  git reset --hard origin/master

4. Opened the Solution

5. Checked that the model BuildingModel is missing from the Models folder 

6. Attempted to add the new Model called BuildingModel 

Error:

But the BuildingModel is not present.

Makes no sense, does it ?

• Moved by CoolDadTx Thursday, March 23, 2017 2:10 PM EF related
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 12:24 PM

Answers

• Also you could try deleting the model and regenerating it again see if this solves your issue.

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

• Marked as answer by btsDeveloper Thursday, March 23, 2017 2:46 PM
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi btsDeveloper,

Did you check your project folder see if same name is already exist there?

Also do this:

> Check if file already exist in the Git folder. Clear that,

> Clean Solution

> Rebuild Project

> Rebuild Solution

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Thursday, March 23, 2017 12:40 PM
  • Yes indeed.

Should I remove all the files that start with BuildingModel* ?

Thursday, March 23, 2017 12:45 PM
  • I think you could pull those files -> do your operation -> -> add . -> commit -> then push that back again.

This should work.

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Thursday, March 23, 2017 12:48 PM
  • My github repository does not contain the BuildingModel files. What I wanted to do was to revert back to a snapshot, after making a mistake so I used git reset --hard origin/master thinking that this will restore the project to a previous state. Apparently it’s not how it works and I would first need to purge (delete) the files in my local project directory ???

Thursday, March 23, 2017 12:56 PM
  • Also you could try deleting the model and regenerating it again see if this solves your issue.

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

• Marked as answer by btsDeveloper Thursday, March 23, 2017 2:46 PM
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 1:00 PM