VS2012 Upd 2: Application LoggedIn and Application.Current.User.IsAuthenticated RRS feed

• Question

• In VS 2012 Upd 1 inside the method Application_LoggedIn() the Application.Current.User.IsAuthenticated == true

This allowed us to access the database after the user had logged in.

It seems that the Application.Current.User.IsAuthenticated no longer is set to true during a debug session.

Also, it seems that it is no longer possible to access the database from within Application_LoggedIn.

NOTE:  I have not updated the app to V3 by creating an HTML client.  

It is my understanding that VS 2012 Upd 2 will run our VS 2012 Upd 1 apps without any code changes.   Is this a correct assumption?

What Method should I use to access the database after a user has logged in?

Garth Henderson - Vanguard Business Technology

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:13 AM

All replies

• Hey folks,

I'm kinda stuck with this.

I can't get any further with my migration from Update 1 to Update 2 without having this issue resolved.

This MSDN page describes Priority Support in MSDN Forums:

• If you don't get an answer from the community in select MSDN Forums, our Microsoft engineers will respond within two business days.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa718661

I have a MSDN Premium Subscription.  

Please advise if I should open a technical support issue on this.  

Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:42 AM
  • I created a VS Upd2 LS C# app from scratch with just the SL client.

The app auth is set to forms auth.

Here's the LoggedIn method:

partial void Application_LoggedIn()
            {
                bool tIsAuth = Application.Current.User.IsAuthenticated;

}

The Application.Current.User.IsAuthenticated value is set to true.  I can access the database.

However, both apps that I've installed from an VS Upd 1 environment to the VS Upd 2 environment both have the Application.Current.User.IsAuthenticated value set as False.

This seems kinda weird.  I would appreciate any ideas on what might be causing this problem.

It doesn't seem like there is anything that could be written with LS application code that could reset Application.Current.User.IsAuthenticated to false.

AFAIK, the only previous application method that could added would be Application_Initialize() that is called prior to Application_LoggedIn().

There is no method coded for Application_Initialize() - so Application_LoggedIn() would be the first method called from app code.

The app just hangs with the "Loading" message and never gets to the first <screenname>_CanRun() method.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:05 AM
  • Note:  I'm now working with Jon Burchel with an open MSDN ticket on this.   I'll post our findings later.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:09 PM