none
OPENSTORE_NO_LOCALIZATION flag clarification RRS feed

• Question

• NO_LOCALIZATION flag is not listed in the table of other OpenFlags in section 2.2.1.1.1.2 in the protocol doc. Is it possible to get clarification on the usage of this flag?

The description says if you don’t set this flag when you create a mailbox then it’s up to you to name the folders correctly.  But it doesn’t actually say what the flag does.  I’d like to know exactly what the flag does.  I’d specifically like the confirmation that:

-If the OPENSTORE_NO_LOCALIZATION flag is set then it will prevent the PR_LOCALE_ID from changing when the application does a MAPI logon.
    -I would also like to know if there are any problems with setting the flag.  If a folder is created and there exists a valid PR_LOCALE_ID then won’t it just use that value? So far the information provided does not seem sufficient.

Thanks
    Stephan
    Tuesday, August 5, 2008 6:58 PM

Answers

• Stephan,

It turns out that the NO_LOCALIZATION flag is used only for server-to-server communication.  Server-to-server communication is outside of the scope of the client to server wire protocol documentation.  References in the current documentation to NO_LOCALIZATION will be removed from the documentation in a future release.

Thank you for your question and please do not hesitate to ask additional questions.

Developer Consultant
    Friday, August 8, 2008 9:36 PM

All replies

• Stephan,

The section 2.2.1.1.1.2 OpenFlags in the [MS-OXCSTOR] is not documented in the table as you pointed out.  I have opened a bug against the document to get the value documented in more detail.

Developer Consultant
    Tuesday, August 5, 2008 11:44 PM
  • Thanks Tom logging the bug. While waiting for document to be updated, do you happen to know the answer to the above questions (i.e. the proper usage of this flag)?

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 11:39 AM
  • I will update you once I get a confirmation of my research on how this is being used by Exchange.
    Developer Consultant
    Wednesday, August 6, 2008 5:49 PM
  • Sounds good. Thanks for the update Tom.
    Friday, August 8, 2008 12:17 PM
  • Stephan,

It turns out that the NO_LOCALIZATION flag is used only for server-to-server communication.  Server-to-server communication is outside of the scope of the client to server wire protocol documentation.  References in the current documentation to NO_LOCALIZATION will be removed from the documentation in a future release.

Thank you for your question and please do not hesitate to ask additional questions.

Developer Consultant
    Friday, August 8, 2008 9:36 PM