none
remaping from skeleton frame to color frame RRS feed

• Question

• i'm making an augmented reality game using xna 4.0 and kinect sdk 1.6. i need to put some 2d sprites on top of the image of the player. to do that, i take a frame from the color stream, and a frame from the skeleton stream, and i use the MapSkeletonPointToColorPoint function from the CoordinateMapper to coordinate between this two frames. then, i draw the color frame, and then, i draw the sprites on top of that image as i need (by example, i put a hat on the top of the head of the player, using the coordinates of the head, taken a remaped from the skeleton frame). All this work fine, because im converting the skeleton frame into the resolution of the video frame, as is needed by the kinect sdk function. but now, i need to resize the video before i draw it (from is original resolution, 1280*960, i take it to 800*600), but doing this i loose the remaping, because i cant remap the skeleton stream to 800*600, i just can do it to the color stream resolutions. the question is, how can i transform the remaped skeleton frame to fit the new size of the video?
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 8:05 PM

All replies

• Hi !

if you have a joint position coordinates in 1280x960 space, why couldn't you have this position in the 800x600 space ? It's just a ratio scale matter as there is only a 1.6 ratio between the 2 resolutions.

"Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life" Confucius

Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:02 AM