none
Explorer.exe - application error (0x756946bd) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

Recently i had this explorer.exe error, i had no idea where this come from...

can someone advise me?

i was using windows embedded standard 7 32bit.

own build image and installed it on 2 different pc.

only 1 of the pc had this issue

Thursday, April 12, 2012 3:15 PM

All replies

• No one have an idea on this?
    Monday, April 16, 2012 6:43 AM
  • Generally explorer itself is a very stable system and I wouldn't expect a crash like that. Do you have any third-party shell extensions installed? They can cause crashes in explorer if they have bugs. If you FeaturePack > Diagnostics > Problem Reports and Solutions, you will have Windows Error Reporting. You can then send in the error report - with some common crashes, even if caused by third-party tools, you can sometimes get information on how to solve the problem.
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:16 PM
  • Generally explorer itself is a very stable system and I wouldn't expect a crash like that. Do you have any third-party shell extensions installed? They can cause crashes in explorer if they have bugs. If you FeaturePack > Diagnostics > Problem Reports and Solutions, you will have Windows Error Reporting. You can then send in the error report - with some common crashes, even if caused by third-party tools, you can sometimes get information on how to solve the problem.

Just notice this error was coming every time after i was running Teamviewer to remote my pc

when i using the teamviewer to remote another pc (let's name it pc-B), it will change the taskbar to basic instead of running aero taskbar

once i logged pc-B and logout via teamviewer, it will change the theme, and the explorer.exe error will popup..

On my WES7 system running on pc-B didn't have the "FeaturePack > Diagnostics > Problem Reports and Solutions" this function that you mentioned.

I was using created mine iso image base on software compatibility templates.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:14 PM
  • That makes sense - Teamviewer is probably using some undocumented and unsupported method for tweaking explorer's settings (such as aero) in order to better support remote viewing. If Teamviewer is definitely a requirement, first make sure you use the "Analyze Static Dependencies" tool to include any packages Teamviewer may be using. I would add any packages related to the shell and it's UI as well. Odds are that Teamviewer is expecting something to exist on the system that is in a package you haven't included, and that is leading to it causing crashes in explorer.

WES7 does have remote desktop support, but I think it is in the higher level SKU. We use VNC on our devices.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:26 PM
  • i had no idea how to use build in remote desktop support / VNC to remote the pc over internet...

but i will try to find some info about it. thx

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:36 PM