none
save Static Driver Verifier Report and open the result using Static Driver Verifier Report Pane later RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to save the static driver verifier report first and open them later using the Static Driver Verifier Report Pane?

The reason is that I have few drivers to test. I plan to run the static driver verifier periodically and I will come back and read the report and debug using the Static Driver Verifier Report Pane when I have a chance.

Thanks,

Jason

Monday, September 30, 2013 7:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

It seems that it is not the VS Edit issue, just to make this issue clearly, do you mean that this issue is related to the Windows Hardware testing/development like this thread “Static Driver Verifier (SDV) unsupported driver type 'kmdf_wdf'”?

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 8:12 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry if I am posting at the wrong forum.

Thanks for directing me to another post in the Windows hardware testing/development forum.

I probably should post my question there. 

I posted the question here because I was looking for a feature that might or might not be supported by Visual Studio. 

I learned that after running Static driver verifier, I could click on the result "defect" or "warning" to open up a Static Driver Verifier Report Pane to trace and walk though the source code for debugging. 

(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff552836(v=vs.85).aspx)

However, sometimes we do not have time to look at the result right away, or sometimes we may restart the PC, or sometimes we want to run static driver verifier for all drivers we support first and perform debug later.

In this case, seems like I will have to run static driver verifier again, wait for the result and then have the access to the "static driver verifier report panel" and the "trace viewer".

Is it possible to avoid running the test again and just open the trace viewer anytime?

Thanks,

Jason

Trace viewer: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff549613(v=vs.85).aspx

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 6:06 PM
  • Hi Jason,

Thanks for your response :)

Since this issue is related the SDV, to help you resolve this issue as soon as possible, I am moving your thread into the Windows Hardware Testing and Certification Forum for dedicated support. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 2:57 AM
  • Thank you very much.

Jason

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 5:08 PM