Grid does not show REAL data RRS feed

• Question

• I have grid on screen in desktop client running in browser. Recently some strange problems happened like this: Edit and save a record, the modified fields data was shown in grid. But once I refresh the grid (entity.Refresh()) the data in fields just modified disappear! But if I filter the record by input key words in the search box, the data came back! I checked in the database, the modified data has been really updated to database tables. After tracing enabled, I found entity.Refresh() does not fetch data from database (no tracing records), while filtering by search does produce query tracing records.

This happens time to time. I thought it could be bug in the silverlight implementation. Did anyone also encounter the same problem.

My application was build with Lightswitch 2015 in visual studio 2015 on base of Silverlight 5.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 3:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the mechanism of refresh() method, it asynchronously loads the first page of items into this collection and returns a promise that will be fulfilled when the first page is loaded. Existing results will be refreshed on the first page and subsequent pages unless load() is called again.

hope it helps

Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 29, 2016 8:02 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. But i think promise exists in html client. Mine is desktop client with silverlight working in browser. And I disabled paging, so all of the filtered data are in the grid, which are around 250 records totally with around 20 columns. I doubt if the problem is too many records. So I enabled paging with 100 record each page in grid, but still the problem: edit and save, the data appear, refresh, disappear, while on other computer the input data can be seen.

Sunday, July 31, 2016 9:31 AM