none
Error Description in Orchestration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am having a separate application for failed messages routing. Also for the messages which are failing at the orchestration because of say transformation failure, the ErrorReport.ErrorType is promoted and value is assigned and it is picked by the  Exception application. I need to get the exact description why the message is failed at the orchestration. Kindly advice how the same can be got.

Thanks

Regards, Vivin.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:50 AM

Answers

• I had the exception type in the CatchException block as "General Exception". I changed it as "System.Exception" and created the exception object and I got the description by ExceptionObject.Message.

Regards, Vivin.

• Marked as answer by Vivin Muthu Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:52 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Vivin Muthu Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vivin Muthu Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:16 PM
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Vivin,

ErrorReport.Description is the property which holds that information, you can have look at following article to know what all properties are promoted and what they contain  Using Failed Message Routing.

You can access this properties in orchestration. Suppose MyMessage is the message your orchestration has subscribed to, then you can use : MyMessage(ErrorRepport.Description)

Maheshkumar S Tiwari|User Page|Blog|BizTalk Server : How Map Works on Port Level

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 5:26 AM
  • Hi Mahesh,

I have done the failed message routing already in the application to handle the message failure at the send and receive ports. What I need is to get the description of the error if the message is failed in the orchestration(Transformation Failed). For this I have used the scope shape and moved all the processing in the orchestration inside the scope shape and then in the catch exception block I have assigned value for ErrorReport.ErrorType and ErrorReport.Description and promoted it. Then sending the same to the Msgbox. But in the ErrorReport.Description I am getting the exception as "An XML exception has occured" instead of the detailed error description. Kindly advice how to get the detailed description of the error.

The code in the expression shape of the catch block is below.

ExpMessage="";

ExpMessage(ErrorReport.Description)=ExceptionObj.Message;

ExpMessage(ErrorReport.ErrorType)="OrchestrationFailure";

Regards, Vivin.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:00 AM
  • Hi Vivin,

ErrorType always contain "FailedMessage" when any message fails at port level so I guess inside orchestration also you would need to assign same value if you are using ErrorType as filter in Exception application. Also, can you write an event log inside exception block to see if exception message is assigned properly. As per your code, the exception message should be propagated so the question is if you are getting proper exception message captured.

Regards, Ajeet Kumar MCTS Biztalk Server

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 10:10 AM
  • I am not getting the correct exception message. Kindly advice how the same can be captured.?

Regards, Vivin.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 4:32 AM
  • I had the exception type in the CatchException block as "General Exception". I changed it as "System.Exception" and created the exception object and I got the description by ExceptionObject.Message.

Regards, Vivin.

• Marked as answer by Vivin Muthu Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:52 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Vivin Muthu Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vivin Muthu Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:16 PM
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:51 AM