none
How to change the tab key behavior in editor ?

Question

• I have divided the visual studio editor in different section by adornment lines. I want to change the tab key behavior in my editor. If I am in first section of the editor and if i press tab key then it should go to the next section. I want tab key to be intelligent (note: Length of different section is different).

• Edited by abhi0022 Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:48 AM
    • Moved by Kristin Xie Friday, April 29, 2016 8:21 AM
    Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:46 AM

Answers

• Hi abhi0022,

>>If I am in first section of the editor and if i press tab key then it should go to the next section.

As far as I know, the behavior of tab key now is what you want. When you press tab key, it will go to the next section.

You can check the tab shortcut in the Tools->Options->Keyboards

But the length of the section is same. If you want to change the lenght of the section. I am afraid it's not support in Visual Studio now.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, May 02, 2016 2:51 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Based on your description, your case more related Visual Studio issue, I will moveyour cass to VS forum for better support.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, April 29, 2016 8:21 AM
  • Hi abhi0022,

>>If I am in first section of the editor and if i press tab key then it should go to the next section.

As far as I know, the behavior of tab key now is what you want. When you press tab key, it will go to the next section.

You can check the tab shortcut in the Tools->Options->Keyboards

But the length of the section is same. If you want to change the lenght of the section. I am afraid it's not support in Visual Studio now.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, May 02, 2016 2:51 AM