Windows 8 Developer Preview setup problems log off, shut down, printer Canon LBP6000

General discussion

• Dear forum readers,

I tried to install Windows 8 Developer Preview.

The installation went good, and without any problems.

Dual boot with Windows 7.

Three problems when using Windows 8 Developer Preview, that make me decide to delete Windows 8 Developer Preview.

1. Logging off, did not work, it was like my system (Dell Inspiron 1720 - laptop) was hanging, or did not respond, also no disk activity.

The only way to log off was by Shutting Down.

2. When shutting down, i receive a error message box, with an error in Explorer.exe

3. My printer, Canon LBP6000, was visible in control panel and devices, but properties did not show up.

I could not get the printer working. Also tried deleting the printer and install Windows 7 64-bit drivers, printer still not working.

* Especially the annoying Explorer.exe error message and the non responsive log off / shutdown made me decide to delete Windows 8 Developer Preview.

I did this by removing the partition that i used to install the Windows 8 Developer Preview on.

I hope in future versions of Windows 8 these problems will be solved, that is the reason why i wrote this message.

Best regards,

gehaktbal2012

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Gehaktbal2012,

In the future, please use the "Send Feedback" tool that is located on the desktop to report issues like the one you had with your printer. This gathers up relevant log files and sends them to Microsoft for investigation.

Thanks!

Justin [MSFT]

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 9:18 PM
  • Hey Gehaktbal2012,

If you don't already have the Windows Feedback Tool on your desktop you can download it after using this limited use link to join the Connect program. Once you have joined the Connect program, this link will show how to use the Windows Feedback Tool.

Steven
    Saturday, November 26, 2011 3:24 AM