none
Reply message "to" field RRS feed

• Question

• Hello to all

I have a need to set the "to" field in the Reply form.  I have tried setting the .to field via code in the reply event, i.e. rplyobj.to = "email address" but when the form is presented upon sub exit the to field is blank.  The reason the to field is blank is due to the fact that the message is being sent from a web page inquiry and the "from" reference is not the actual inquirer.  The actual "inquirer" has his/her email address in the message body.  I have managed to extract that address easily.  I have also saved the message/object after the rplyobj.to assignment.  Do I have the wrong field?  I have been in the reply form and checked properties and that is what is being indicated.  Any help would be appreciated.

Respectfully,

Gordon Haas

Gordon Haas

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• show us code that sets to field
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:00 PM
  • Hi Damian

Since the initial post I have discovered the field that is being displayed in the "Reply To" field is not the safemailitem.to field it is the safemailitem.SenderEemailAddress field so now the problem becomes one of how do I change it for this is a readonly field.  The reason why I need to change it is due to the fact that the "from/SenderEmailAddress (when it arrived) is not applicable at reply time because the "web inquirer" is the "true" recipient to whom the reply is being sent to and that address is contained in the email body which I have.  Do I have to replace the "form"?  I don't want to do that.

Respectfully

Gordon Haas

Gordon Haas

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:04 PM
  • Have you looked into using the ReplyRecipients collection?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.3 is now available!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:33 PM
  • No I have not Dmitry.  I setup a standard mailitem and set the "sentonbehalfofname" "property" to the "inquirer's" email address but I don't know where that output went in the Reply form - it didn't go to the "to" field.  I will look into the ReplyRecipients collection now.  Thanks for the input Dmitry.

Respectfully,

Gordon Haas

Gordon Haas

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:10 PM