SQL Server Management Studio RRS feed

• Question

• This question has been asked and discussed in other threads/forums but I couldn't find a simple and definite answer.  My problem is why after installing SQL Server 2005 Express through a command prompt, SQL Server Management Studio was not installed. I have tried using the following: ADDLOCAL=All and ADDLOCAL=Client_Components but the Management Studio was nowhere to be found.

These are the commands that I used:

1. setup.exe /qb INSTANCENAME="MSSQLSERVER" ADDLOCAL=Client_Components SAPWD=epx26user; and

2. setup.exe /qb INSTANCENAME="MSSQLSERVER" ADDLOCAL=All SAPWD=epx26user

Did I miss anything?

Thanks,
    Candy

Monday, December 19, 2005 7:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• Candy, Management Studio is not included with the SQL Server Express edition. You can download the Community Technology Preview (CTP) for Management Studio Express from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=82afbd59-57a4-455e-a2d6-1d4c98d40f6e&DisplayLang=en. This is a free GUI management environment for Express.

Cheers,
    Dan

Monday, December 19, 2005 3:36 PM
  • Thanks, Dan.

I found this fact late.   I have already created this post when I found it.   But, why is that when I installed the CTP for Management Studio Express, the link doesn't launch anything?

Thanks again!

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 1:31 AM
  • I have already solved the issue.  I uninstalled the online book first, install Management Studio then re-install the online book.. Whew...
    Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:29 AM