Adding fields to Member_Details RRS feed

• Question

• User-1709345020 posted

I am attempting to add city state and zip fields to the member details and have had no success at all.  I believe I have hunted down all the references in Member_Details.aspx and MemberDetails.cs, but my problem is with the generated code which is where the Update method and the classes for the data connectivity seem to reside.  I added the extra fields but I cannot debug because I get a "There is no source code available for this location" error wheni try to step into the method.

Has anyone been able to debug this area or have an idea how I can clear out all that autogenerated stuff and move the classes in it to a place I can get to in the debugger???  This code does not even show up in the Solution Explorer so I have no idea how to get it into a more managable state.

By the way I also put the fields in the DataSet.xsd but am unsure how this would help with the code already generated (or how to or if I should regenerate code from the XML)..

Thanks I would like to get this going.

Friday, December 23, 2005 10:51 PM

All replies

• User254722870 posted

Hi

I have added fields to the Member_details.aspx successfully after a lot of screaming (I'm not an experienced programmer[:D]. You can find how I did it here: http://forums.asp.net/1128803/ShowPost.aspx

Hope this will help you.

Johnny

Thursday, December 29, 2005 3:50 AM