WEIRD ISSUE WITH SELECT - BUG?

Question

• <div id="penMenu" class="">
                    <select id="pen-menu-colors" class="">
                        <option value="#000"style="background-color: #000"></option>
                        <option value="#808080"style="background-color: #808080"></option>

</select>
    ...other buttons...
    </div>

The 'penMenu' has a MSGestureChange to translate itself around (move)
    The other buttons has a MSGestureTap event.

The thing is everything works just fine BUT when i use the FINGER to chenge the colors on 'pen-menu-colors' the whole MSGestureChange stops working for penMenu  and works SLOWLY when i TRANSLATE starting from other buttons, even tho they have no MSGestureChange tied to it. Only the tap. BUT the TAP even DOES NOT WORK anymore for them.

BUT when i use the MOUSE to change the color on pen-menu-colors everything works fine.
    WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

btw i use the migration way to call gestures provided by microsoft and the penMenu is the ONLY element using that, for the TAP i don't need that:

note: microsoftPoorFix is fired on pointerdown of penMenu

function microsoftPoorFix(evt) {
            //console.log("test");
            evt = evt.originalEvent;
            try {
                g2.target = evt.target;         // Emulate old implicit targeting
            } catch (err) {
                console.log(err.message);
            }                         // If gesture has already started, catch and ignore

if (evt.target == g2.target) {
                g2.addPointer(evt.pointerId);   // Emulate implicit pointer association
            }
        }

ANY CLUE how to fix this WEIRD bug when using the SELECT TAG inside a div with GESTURE events?

Friday, January 17, 2014 4:26 AM

All replies

• Do you mind posting an app that reproduces this?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, January 17, 2014 8:31 PM