none
Where is SQL Data Sync in new Azure portal? RRS feed

• Question

• Is SQL Data Sync available on new Azure portal? 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-get-started-sql-data-sync only refers to the classic portal? Is that feature on the new one too? 

Microsoft support told me it was in preview for now and they're not supporting it at this time thru premium support.

Thanks

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 3:44 PM

All replies

• Hello,

It exist only in the Classic portal. A new version of SQL Data Sync is expected in the next 2-3 months and will available on the new portal.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 3:58 PM
  • Thank you Alberto. Do you know if Microsoft have plan to move this feature to the new portal because after 04/03/2017, we won't be able to access SQL database on the old portal... So just want to make sure this feature will still be available after 04/03. Thanks, Chris
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 5:24 PM
  • Hello,

I know the new SQL Data Sync on the new portal is expected on the first half of this year, but I don’t know the specific date. That date is managed internally on Microsoft and I don’t know if the project is on time or delayed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 5:56 PM
  • Hello,

Data Sync will be available in the new portal in the next few months as Alberto said. Data Sync will be available until and after April. Please keep an eye on the Azure blog as this is where we'll make the announcement when it's available.

Best,
    Josh

• Edited by JoshGnana Wednesday, February 8, 2017 6:07 PM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 6:06 PM