none
Windows 10 Containers Support RRS feed

• Question

• My Windows 10 build is 10.0.10586 and it's Enterprise Version.

I beleive this is minimum requirement to have Containers Support. I do have Hyper-V setup and it's working fine as well. I went through documentation and try to run some powershell script to enable containers but all of them relying on module called "containers" which is not installed on my machine. There is no "containers" feature showing up in Add Remove Programs either (not sure if it's supposed to show up there or not).

Searched internet for sometime but seems to be very little information how to use Windows 10 as container host, even thought it's supported per following (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/windowscontainers/quick_start/container_setup)

Monday, March 7, 2016 2:19 AM

All replies

• The containers feature is only available on Windows Server 2016 TP4 (Full, Core and Nano). You can however work with containers, on Windows 10, using Hyper-V to host a Windows Server 2016 TP4 virtual machine. The document that you reference includes instructions and a script that will help create and configure this VM on your Windows 10 system.

I will also add some clarification on this into the docs.

Happy to help if any further assistance is needed.

neilp

Monday, March 7, 2016 5:52 AM
  • Thanks. Script failed at the very end with error message below.

Container base image install complete.  Querying container images...
    C:\Install-ContainerHost.ps1 : Cannot find an overload for "op_Subtraction" and the argument count: "2".
    At line:1 char:1
    + C:\Install-ContainerHost.ps1 -PSDirect -NATSubnetPrefix 172.16.0.0/24 ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Install-ContainerHost.ps1

C:\New-ContainerHost.ps1 : Install-ContainerHost.ps1 failed in the VM
    At line:1 char:1
    + c:\New-ContainerHost.ps1 -VMName DCContainer -WindowsImage ServerData ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,New-ContainerHost.ps1

Monday, March 7, 2016 1:25 PM