How to speed up loading of my website? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

currently I am working with VS 2012 on an MVC-project for a web application (running on an Azure website and using an Azure SQL DB). I started the project using templates provided by VS and imported Bootstrap and other third party components (like Kendo).

The loading of the login page (very simple page) of my deployed application is very slow (in average about 30 sec). Upon login the main page of the web application is loaded, which takes in average about 60 sec. When the pages are re-loaded the loading takes only a few seconds (-> browser cache is working).

Now I have serval questions:

1) Can slow loading of my website be related to components in my VS project that are not really needed for the deployed application?

2) If yes, how can I find these components?

3) Are there any settings in the Azure environment (website and sql db) that I can change to speed up loading of my website?

4) What other means are there available to speed up loading of my website?

Thank you for your help and kind regards.

Manfred

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:13 AM ASP.NET more proper
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:44 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the ASP.Net MVC forum on forums.asp.net.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C40686F746D61696C2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Sunday, March 9, 2014 4:31 PM
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 3:40 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I'd ask in the ASP.Net MVC forum on forums.asp.net.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C40686F746D61696C2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Sunday, March 9, 2014 4:31 PM
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 3:40 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses the usage of Visual Studio IDE such as WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Because your issue is on ASP.NET website, I suggest that you can consult your issue on ASP.NET forum: http://forums.asp.net/  as Karl suggested for better solution and support.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:12 AM
  • This article may help you out: 

http://moz.com/blog/15-tips-to-speed-up-your-website

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:49 AM
  • Hi Manfred,

You may also check this blog post:

http://dotnet4europeanhosting.hostforlife.eu/post/ASPNET-4-European-Hosting-HostForLIFEeu-Tips-to-Improve-ASPNET-Application-Performance.aspx

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:03 AM