none
Need some code RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys

Im downloading quarterlies and I get one column that has (#### and then get column next to it that just has ).  I need code to get these cols to be added together.  Then i need that to column with ) to be deleted.  Then need to add a col next that (#### col.   

I also want this to go through whole worksheet bc I will probably have many quarterlies.  Either across or down.  Thanks.

mike
    Friday, August 5, 2011 1:29 PM

All replies

• Hey Guys

Im downloading quarterlies and I get one column that has (#### and then get column next to it that just has ).  I need code to get these cols to be added together.  Then i need that to column with ) to be deleted.  Then need to add a col next that (#### col.   

I also want this to go through whole worksheet bc I will probably have many quarterlies.  Either across or down.  Thanks.

mike

Turn on the macro recorder, do whatever it is you want by hand, turn off the recorder, switch to the VBE, and check what code, if any, Excel generated.  For the majority of cases you will have what you want, maybe, with a few tweaks.
    Tushar Mehta (Technology and Operations Consulting)
    www.tushar-mehta.com (Excel and PowerPoint add-ins and tutorials)
    Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-Present
    Friday, August 5, 2011 3:27 PM