none
Backstage View in fluent UI Office 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I've just migrate my visio 2010 Addin to Visio 2013 using VS2012 and the office developper Tools preview 2 package.

In the backstage view i have a TaskFormGroup. the width of the group is too small now and i can only see part of the category in it (the icon and text are clipped).

Do you have an explanation ?

Are there new attributes ? new Tag for office 2013 ?

Best regards

Michel LAPLANE (MVP Visio)

Friday, January 18, 2013 8:46 AM

Answers

• Sorry for the late reply.

After lot o test I have founded solutions that are similar to those of the link you give.

In fact, Ribbon in office 2010 does not need to supply the firstColumnMinWidth attribute and give good results.

But with office 2013 you need to provide it to have good appearance.

columnWidthPercent attribute is also valuable.

So with firstColumnMinWidth and columnWidthPercent  you can do all you want.

firstColumnMaxWidth is not mandatory to get good result.

Best regards and many thanks for your help

(PS : Don't forget www.visualblog.fr for Visio 2013 posts).

Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:41 PM
  • Hi Michel,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

You can take a look at the page below to see whether you have the same issue or not. 

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officedevpreview/thread/21a58556-8e61-4085-af62-589086db15e4 

If I understand you clear, the solution will be the same as it can be found in the thread above.

Try using the "firstColumnMinWidth" and "firstColumnMaxWidth" attributes set to 280 like the following and the group should show up correctly.

<tab firstcolumnmaxwidth="280" firstcolumnminwidth="280" id="TabCustom" label="Custom"><tab id="TabCustom" label="Custom" firstColumnMinWidth="280" firstColumnMaxWidth="280" ></tab>

Hope it helps. If you still have any confusion, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Michel,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

You can take a look at the page below to see whether you have the same issue or not. 

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officedevpreview/thread/21a58556-8e61-4085-af62-589086db15e4 

If I understand you clear, the solution will be the same as it can be found in the thread above.

Try using the "firstColumnMinWidth" and "firstColumnMaxWidth" attributes set to 280 like the following and the group should show up correctly.

<tab firstcolumnmaxwidth="280" firstcolumnminwidth="280" id="TabCustom" label="Custom"><tab id="TabCustom" label="Custom" firstColumnMinWidth="280" firstColumnMaxWidth="280" ></tab>

Hope it helps. If you still have any confusion, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:32 PM
  • Sorry for the late reply.

After lot o test I have founded solutions that are similar to those of the link you give.

In fact, Ribbon in office 2010 does not need to supply the firstColumnMinWidth attribute and give good results.

But with office 2013 you need to provide it to have good appearance.

columnWidthPercent attribute is also valuable.

So with firstColumnMinWidth and columnWidthPercent  you can do all you want.

firstColumnMaxWidth is not mandatory to get good result.

Best regards and many thanks for your help

(PS : Don't forget www.visualblog.fr for Visio 2013 posts).

Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:41 PM