Where should I report bugs for SharePoint 2010 - no location on Microsoft CONNECT RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a correct place to post bugs for SharePoint? SharePoint is not listed as an open technology on microsoft connect which would be my normal first place to go. 

Andrew Wiles - www.it-workplace.com - MDX made simple
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrew,

I would request you to use this thread for reporting suggestions/bugs.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010general/thread/c1f4d977-3ab3-4ed6-a553-e51478a3a224

Thanks & Regards,
    Kamlesh | Blog | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 8:37 AM
  • KSDN - thanks for the suggestion but I don't think that a shared thread is a good place to post bugs which really need to be tracked through to a conclusion. I can see that the thread could be useful for collecting suggestions though.

I would prefer to get a response from a Microsoft employee as to how they wish to track bugs.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 9:03 AM
  • The Office Beta products have easy and accessible ways to send feedback/report bugs. (e.g., the "Give Feedback" button at the top of SharePoint 2010 pages.) I'd like to see the same thing in all Microsoft software.
    - cawood
    blog | twitter
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 12:36 PM
  • But SharePoint 2010 is no longer BETA and the production product does not have this link...
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 12:57 PM
  • Looks like there isn't any place where you can report Sharepoint bugs. The Sharepoint Connect site looks dead - it has a lot of bug reports but no Microsoft answer for over a year. If you want a swift resolution you should probably open a support case for the bug. You can also post the bug here, any other relevant forums like the MSDN forums, perhaps leave blog comments in relevant blog posts.

Having found a pretty obvious bug just yesterday, this is what I've been doing for the last 8 hours ...

Software Architect, IntTrust S.A. http://www.dotnetzone.gr, The Greek .NET User Group
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 2:25 PM
  • that's why I wrote "I'd like to see the same thing in all Microsoft software."
    - cawood
    blog | twitter
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 2:58 PM