none
Is it possible to call a web service in Excel 2007 Without using Sharepoint server or Visual Studio? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have a requirement in which I would like to call a webservice in Excel 2007. I have to get this task done using excel 2007' macro/VBA. I am not supposed to use Ms Sharepoint Server or MS Visual Studio of any version to accomplish this task.
    Is it possible , if yes can you provide some sample code or link having the same to help me.

Thanks in advance,
    Vishal
    Friday, November 13, 2009 8:26 PM

All replies

• Thanks for your question.

I guess you are trying to develop a web service which is responsible to do some specific tasks with the Excel 2007 documents. If you do want such kind of solutions, I suggest you try the Open XML SDK for your matter.

Because this is a very general scenario, I'm afraid I could not provide you a sample code. I suggest you read some articles on MSDN to start with the SDK, and then think about develop web services with the SDK. And then for further questions, we can keep in touch in this forum.

Hope Open XML SDK could be helpful for you!
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 5:37 AM
  • What scenarios/tasks are you looking to accomplish. the Open XML SDK is really good at accomplishing three main scenarios:
    1. Pushing data into a file - Data come come from a database or other files
    2. Pulling data out of a file
    3. Manipulating a file - One example is removing comments from a file
    Zeyad Rajabi (MS)
    Monday, November 23, 2009 10:59 PM