Is there a complete list of the WinJS objects' properties? RRS feed

• Question

• I am reading through some sample codes to try to learn writing some WinRT apps. I really wish that there is a complete list of all the objects, properties and methods, etc. available for my references (or I am just so unlucky that it's there but I just keep missing it?) 

For example, I want to know what properties I can access under

WinJS. Application. sessionState object

because I have learnt that I can access the .lastUrl property from some sample codes. The question in my head is: how should I know I can access such property without someone showing me some sample codes and if there is no complete list of the properties available?

Saturday, August 31, 2013 7:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Ald,

I read the document and found it is an "Object" object, means you could store everything in it with a customized name.

In the sample it use ".lastUrl", but you could use another one for instance like ".aldString", also works fine.

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Ald Ald Monday, September 2, 2013 7:04 PM
    Monday, September 2, 2013 5:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Ald,

I read the document and found it is an "Object" object, means you could store everything in it with a customized name.

In the sample it use ".lastUrl", but you could use another one for instance like ".aldString", also works fine.

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Ald Ald Monday, September 2, 2013 7:04 PM
    Monday, September 2, 2013 5:34 AM
  • Thanks very much! I wasn't aware of this line:

The sessionState object does not define any members.

But still, I really hope the MSDN reference pages can be easier to read and more consistent in formatting. 

e.g. I am reading this page: 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/br211851.aspx

but I have to click to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/br229687.aspx

to see what are the valid values. Would it be easier to put the value list on the same page? 

Monday, September 2, 2013 7:02 PM
  • Hi Ald,

A good suggestion! and I recommand you can raise your suggestion at Connect. for .Net framework document stuff.

Best Regards,

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 6:29 AM