none
Typed DataSet versus DLinq RRS feed

• Question

• The improvements typed dataset is really cool when compared to untyped datasets.

How will ADO.net team enhance the typed features of typed dataset in c# 3.0?

is DlinQ the mainstream or an alternative ?

PS: many people I know doesn't want custom business entities.

Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:45 AM

All replies

• "many people I know doesn't want custom business entities."

I think the question should be why they don't want custom business entities? Are these small applications with a very limited scope where the ability to get them done quickly is more important than the overall maintenance of the application?

DLinq will be the mainstream as object persistence is quickly becoming the mainstream.

Greg

Sunday, March 19, 2006 6:44 PM
  • >>DLinq will be the mainstream as object persistence is quickly becoming the mainstream.

hmm.With this speed than it will be like 2010 ?

it is a myth,that OO domain models have a better maintaniability over procedural/relational codes.

PS:the adaptivebility is in your head,not in your code...

Sunday, March 19, 2006 8:40 PM
  • even though its off subject ...

"it is a myth,that OO domain models have a better maintaniability over procedural/relational codes"

You are correct it being you can accomplish object type behaviors using procedural code (ADTs are a great example). OO languages just have built in language support to make coming to the same results more obtainable to a less skilled developer in many cases and offer levels of type safety that are not offerred in most procedural languages.

That said this is off topic and should probably not be continued.

One of the largest benefits of Dlinq is the ability for ORMs to plug into it. From what I have seen it is offerring the possibility of a unified API that all could support. I would highly recommend browsing through http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/f/b/cfbbc093-f3b3-4fdb-a170-604db2e29e99/DLinq%20Overview.doc if you have not read it yet. I will not assure you however that Dlinq will not end up on the same path as object spaces.

Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:07 PM