none
View GPU Activitiy Using WPA/GPUView RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having a performance issue in a Win32 program and I'm trying to figure out whether the GPU or the CPU is the bottleneck on a Win32 program in Windows 8 (it does the same thing on the same hardware under Windows 7, I just happen to be using Windows 8). I created a trace using WPR where I checked the GPU Activity option, however WPA doesn't show any graphs related to GPU activity.

Is there something I have to do to view GPU activity analysis in WPA?

GPUView crashes when I try to open the trace, however it is able to open a smaller one of just me messing around on the desktop (WPA shows no graphs related to GPU activity on this one as well). The proper trace is large (~1.3GB), so I have a feeling this might be a cause.

If I can't view GPU activity in WPA, is there something I can do to make this trace open in GPUView?

Thanks!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You may try smaller GPUView capture by modifying log.cmd

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 11:16 PM
  • I had a problem with GPUView crashing, apparently because I was using the wrong version of WPT to capture data. I think the version of WPT you are using has to match your current operating system. When uninstalled the Windows 7 SDK and installed the Windows 10 SDK (including the current version of Windows Performance Tool), then I stopped getting warnings and GPUView stopped crashing.
    Monday, July 3, 2017 1:55 PM